October 29, 2011

The dawn.

Lizzy: I couldn't sleep.
Mr. Darcy: Nor I. My aunt...
Lizzy: Yes, she was here.
Mr. Darcy: How can I ever make amend for such behaviour.
Lizzy: After what you have done for Lydia, and I suspect for Jane also, it is I who should be making amends.
Mr. Darcy: You must know, surely you must know, it was all for you. You are too generous to trifle with me. I believe you spoke with my aunt last night, and it has taught me to hope as I'd scarcely allowed myself before. If your feelings are still what they were last April, tell me so at once. My affections and wishes have not changed, but one word from you will silence me forever. If, however, your feelings have changed, I would have to tell you: you have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love... I love... I love you. And I never wish to be parted from you from this day on.
Lizzy: Well then. Your hands are cold...


Pride and Prejudice

No comments:

Post a Comment