March 8, 2011

Lent.

The lenten period finally starts tomorrow, on the Wed Ash. I'm pondering what to give up this year and finally I've come to several lists below:


Meat.
The most first top of the list of food I suppose. At the previous years of lent I only gave up for not eating meat on Wednesday and Friday for which now I realize how unfaithful I was to the lenten discipline :( but now I think I can survive. Good news that I start to not crave for beef or pork these days, which means I could be a vegetarian this whole lent. Yieeyy! Been fully prepared with lots of veggies from the current groceries shopping :D


Junk food, dessert and friends.
I've been making and eating desserts since I started my life here this year, and I have been so active lately due to the sugar supply to my body I guess. Thank God that I could have a chance to give up all of those guilty pleasures and just having my green tea in my chinese teapot set. Love it!


Coffee. 
Which means no creme brulee, skinny mocha, or caramel latte this whole lent. If it works, maybe I could continue to stop consuming coffee even after the lent ends. No one knows how big my desire for coffee is, which I think I could beat the fathers who take their daily intake of coffee everyday. 


I'm still thinking. 


Still think. 


Hmm...


I really don't wanna write this word. Oh my. 
How many of you would decide to fast for the internet? Which means no facebook, twitter, or blogging for the whole 40 days. 
I do really wish I could do that, but to imagine life without internet would be living in a 10th century again (like I know how the 10th century looked like), so with my deep apology to God I decided to minimize the internet usage to the most minimum line. I'll most probably stop checking twitter and facebook from my Blackberrry commence tomorrow. 


I just wish for everyone to be more blessed in all of your efforts on this lenten period. May God be with you always, peeps! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment