August 29, 2010

Long lost baby..

How I miss to play my baby no.5 (I was putting her in no.2 last year). My lovely mom bought her for me as my birthday present when I was 13 or 14 I couldn't even remember :( She's 5 years old now and still in the dusty case on my room floor. I discovered her being abandoned since I arrived here last year and just played with it when nobody was home, unless they would be attacked by a serious terrible headache. Lols. Who is the 'she' anyway? Well, she's not a pet though :D
Suzuki, NS-20 - 2005
People say the older your violin is, the more wonderful sound it can produce. I hope she's still fine after going through 4 seasons here. At first I needed to adjust the bridge and strings for like thousand times as their positions always changed due to the seasonal weather and soon after adjusting, tuning needs to be made. But now I know what the problem is, I'm not supposed to store the case vertically. To all violin players, does that make sense? But yes, this theory is applied to my violin. Weird I guess. But I don't want to buy a new German made violin to replace her.
Perhaps I wanna buy a set of new strings to refurnish her and make her my baby no.2 again instead of my iPhone :P

No comments:

Post a Comment